April 02, 2013

Big Hair


 Hair Today . . . What Tomorrow. The majority of us have hair - on our heads (and in other not so desirable places). Bad hair day, good hair day, I want-to-shave-it-all-off hair day, longing for sleeker, shinier, bigger hair day - we complain about and love our hair in equal measures - sometimes the conflicting feelings for our hair happens together in the space of one hour. 

9.00am: Aghhh, my hair . . .
*Period of reflection*
9.40am: Do you know what? My hair is GRAND!

I have written several blog posts about hair. Hair that I would like, for example here. I also wrote about that time when I cut my hair and proclaimed that "it was the best decision I have made in quite some time", read here.  

Haha, how wrong was I?  The hairdresser was right and my hair exploded outwards once washed after the expert blow-dry. Turns out short-ish frizzy and thick hair doesn't really work unless you put the work into it. I didn't. 

So, I let my hair grow and ditched the hair straightener* - well it ditched me by breaking down. Don't get me wrong, I still use a curling iron. As said before, my hair is of the frizzy variety, so it is neither really curly nor straight. In between hair - which is much easier to define with the curling iron than trying to straighten those kinks and tangles.

Here's to (long) big hair! I am going to appreciate my hair and never* complain about it again.

* Of course, sometimes I do get a longing now and then to straighten my hair, so I borrow a straightener. 
* Never say never.







Images (from top-bottom):

Marie Claire Turkey via Fashion Gone Rogue
Free People via Fashion Gone Rogue
Mon Pompadour Tumblr Here
Pinterest Here via Absolutely Lady Like
Carrie Bradshaw via Pinterest via ashleeslove.com
Marc Jacobs SS11 via Vogue UK
Street Style via Refinery 29
Marc By Marc Jacobs AW13 via Vogue UK


Follow My Republic of Fashion
Follow sarahmdennison on Twitter



4 comments:

Marie a la Mode said...

Your hair looks amazing in those photos! I have naturally curly (and frizzy) hair and I can never get mine to look this good!

TRENDSURVIVOR said...

I love big hair. You look amazing!

Thank you for your lovely comment. Would you like to follow each other through bloglovin?
xxx
Nina
http://trendsurvivor.com/

Andrés Corella said...

I don´t have that much hair but oh my is it rebel! So I find my self having those "I want to shave my hair" days quite often. You are right, your hair is Grand and it is fabulous! Read me FABULOUS!

hugs
Andy
The Black Label
http://theblacklabelblog.blogspot.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Woohoo for big hair! I love yours :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/