February 21, 2011

Burberry Autumn-Winter-Threads To Celebs


'It's like hearing a Christmas song when you are trying to work out in the gym.' That was my immediate thought when I saw the deliberate fake snow at the Burberry Prorsum show. It was unexpected, and it put me off balance. I had my fix of snow before Christmas, thank you very much. But anyway, that is neither here nor there. What is here and what was there today (as well as the snow) at the Burberry Autumn/Winter 2011 show were coats. Fur coats and my favourite trench coats. Some in neutral colours, some dark, some bright. All beautiful. Christopher Bailey sure knows how to design a trench. And a fierce heel, at that!








I am writing my ehhh, plea letter to him tonight. It will go something like this:

Dear Mr. Bailey,

Fantastic show, as always! Those trenches are a particular fancy of mine. Any chance of sending one over to a small town girl? I would be forever grateful.

Yours truly,
From a very wishful thinker,
Sarah.

No point in being coy about it! Don't think it would work, though. I just have that niggling feeling....




Such a hip show. Of course, I expected nothing less from him. Did you?

Images from zimbio.com

Follow My Republic of Fashion

21 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Fabulous collection!
Love those shoes!

xoxox,
CC

Míriam Juan-Torres said...

Not a fur fun (unless faux) but I love the trenches, they are so sophisticated!
xx

Closet Fashionista said...

*drool* I love Christopher Bailey
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Andrés Corella said...

Amazing coats...He is just a genius...and heels awesome!

xx
Andy

Marie a la Mode said...

Trench coats! yes please! Snow? No thanks! I hope you get that package in the mail : )

Vera said...

Fantastic show and a beautiful collection! Love trench coats as well!

Arini Desianti Parawi said...

After they brought rain in men a/w 2011 fashion show, now they got so much serious with this snow. Burberry Prorsum absolutely is on the top of my list when it comes to London Fashion Week. I'm a lil bit shocked

Arini Desianti Parawi said...

After they brought rain on men a/w 2011 fashion now they even got more serious with this snow!
Burberry Prorsum is absolutely on my top list when it comes to London Fashion Week. I'm a lil bit shocked when Bailey showed all the colorfull collection, especially when we talked about fall and winter season! it's gonna be a colorfull winter then.
I personally love the black and white collection! so elegant and sophisticated :)

THE SECRET LIFE OF "D"

in Love&Light
Queen D

Moniek said...

Great post! Love the snow at the end of the show!

Comtesse de ferveur said...

Great collection and love the cosy monochrome aesthetic but I am not digging Rachel's coat at all. I'm not going to fight with the lovely C Bailey over it though.

Anonymous said...

Loving the trench coats - always so classic!!! xx

stylenuggets said...

Who knows it just may work and you'll get the trench you dreamed of! Keeping my fingers crossed

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

That orange trench is making me drooling all over my key board :)

Ana said...

I haven't seen the entire collection yet, but I love the shape of that bright orange one and the collar on the tan one next to it. Oh and that coat that Rachel Bilson is wearing....is amazing! I stared at it for a few minutes when I first saw pictures of her wearing it.

FashionJazz said...

These are amazing!! Hope your well hun! I am back from my blogging break ;) xx

FASHIONISMYWAY by Cristina L said...

i loved it!Bailey always do a good good job!! ;)

Anaivilo said...

The collection was great! Interesting coats and also colors :D Great..I wish I could've been there.

GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

I don't know how Christopher Baily continues to one-up himself, but he does, season after season. I watched the livestream of this show and was smitten with 90% of the pieces. Gorge.

••V••
www.gritandglamour.com
@gritandglamour

classiq said...

I'm always looking forward to every Burberry collection. The coats for fall are fabulous!
Ada

À LA MODEST said...

Wow... snow? Seriously? Amazing! Tumbled this post! :)

Sarah said...

Can you add a PS to your letter and ask Mr Bailey to throw me some of those clear rain macs while he's at it???