August 12, 2010

She is a 'Rebelle Fleur'.

How apt was it that Rihanna got a new tattoo on her neck, pronouncing that she is like a 'Rebelle Fleur' (Rebellious flower)? I don't know what a rebellious flower would be in the ehhh, flower World (can you see how ''knowledgeable'' I am about flowers?). But that's OK because Rihanna is a rebellious flower! Rihanna is ever changing, she changes her hair all the time, she changes how she dresses, she changes her music....you get the idea!

The thing I like about Rihanna is that she is a risk taker, she doesn't stick with the same style.

One day she wears a shocking lime green dress & gladiators, and hey presto, she pulls it off. The 'Attention grabbing' look. This is definitely my favourite look.

The next day she is wearing more subtle, pastel colours & polka dot peep-toe heels. The 'girly, more feminine' look.

And then she wears a suit, with Tuxedo Oxford shoes and a Guardian Angel (with a gun imprinted on the side) bag by Vlieger & Vandam. The 'I am going to wear and suit & look totally amazing' look.

She is daring, and in my opinion she pulls it off, like only a 'Rebelle Fleur' can do. However, I hope her rebellious side comes into action soon when it comes to her hair, I really don't like that colour!

What do you think about Rihanna's style? Do you think she is a 'Rebelle Fleur'?



Images from celebrity-gossip.net & zimbio.com

Follow My Republic of Fashion

27 comments:

FASHIONISMYWAY by Cristina L said...

I hate Rihanna and her look!!I think that she needs a stylist or she needs to fire her stylist!! xoxo

Anyway...she can't sing!!

Anonymous said...

Rebellious yes, but I don't think all her outfits look great. Sometimes the vibe i get off her is just too tryhard, trying too hard to be 'different'. I love that 'girly outfit' though and agree that she needs to change her hair asap!

xoxo Mimi said...

Hey doll. I just ordered a wig this color because I am doing a makeup tutorial on her next week. I cant wait to do it. The color is OVER the TOP. But I think it will be fun! lol. I would never color my hair this color, although I do love red hair. Except it is more of an auburn color...

jemina said...

I really LOVE her style, she is a rebelle fleur for sure!!! Wishing you a lovely day Sarah, MWAH!!! xoxo

Unknown said...

im loving rhianna right now she is prettty awesome xxxx

Laetitia said...

Yeah! a rebelle fleur! special outfits...personality!

xoxoxox

Unknown said...

I really love her style. i'm just not sure about the hair though. :D

Anthea said...

I appreciate that she takes risks. I don't love all her looks though. So it's hit or miss for me.

Anthea,
Embracing Style

Jessica said...

She really does seem to think outside of the box. That sort of irreverence is refreshing.

Enter to win a House of Harlow cocktail ring! (Retail value: $50)

carling said...

love the pic with the jeans shorts!


Come follow my blog & new retro shots:
http://thefashionreflections.blogspot.com/

xx
karla

C said...

I love that red hair on her!

Hermine said...

I think her hair colour has differing moods of its own! I love the fact that she's always willing to experiment because that's the easiest way to figure out yourself, likes and dislikes...I wish i had the balls to cut my hair into the haircuts from her 'good girl gone bad' era

Lee Oliveira said...

Sarah.. I am obsessed with her..
I always liked her style.. her taste in fashion is gorgeous.
LOx

Leanns' Vintage said...

Haha, I've never seen a rebellious flower before!

vdcouture said...

she looks cool, but i don't like her new red hair, it looks weird on her :(

love,vdcouture

Marianne said...

Hi, thanks for visiting! I'm a fan of the Rihanna style, definitely - because she plays with fashion and because she's got the confidence to pull of anything (including bright red hair, though I find the color a bit distracting indeed!) :)

Marie a la Mode said...

She's definitely a fashion rebel. I wish she would get long extensions, just for a change. I loved her with long hair when she first stepped on the scene.

Unknown said...

I think she is pretty cool, but I don't like her hair.

http://mylifeisafashionshow.blogspot.com/

Islandia Lane said...

I've always loved her style and same, that she's just such a risk taker that it makes her awesome. And actually really loving this hair on her right now.

Fashionlee said...

I love that she is daring, but this colour is not cutting it for me. She looks terrible

Oricale Heart said...

THANK YOU FOR VISITING :)

YOU HAVE A GREAT BLOG!

X

ninasayshello said...

a rebel for sure :)she doesn't pull off some of her outfits though.

anyway thanks for checking out my blog.
yours is great btw. :D

Chas said...

I love her style, she can pretty much pull of any look she wants!

http://fromdenimtodessert.blogspot.com/

Adrianna Traxler said...

I wont deny that I love her style looks...but her hair kind of reminds me of a clown

GS said...

I love Rihanna's style, she's brave and outrageous and gorgeous. Probably should've gotten her tattoo spell-checked though... I believe it should read "fleur rebelle".. not 100% on that one though. Oh well we get the idea either way!~ I absolutely love her hair and how she's always changing it up

Julia said...

Wow, love the pics! Great blog! :-)

Kayla said...

awe i LOVE the pink blazer, so adorable! Her style is a little mixed up at times, but who cares! She's daring and takes risks. She gives people something to talk about, i'd rather be that, than not noticed at all.
:]]

ps- thanks for visiting my blog!

XX

http://www.kaylaletigre.blogspot.com